Dental implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by dental implants. If you have uncomfortable or loose-fitting dentures, stabilizing it with dental implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Dental implants are placed in the jaw where they heal firmly in place by the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the dental implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the dental implants, keeping it stable and secure.
What are the benefits of dental implant-supported dentures?
- If you opt for dental implant-supported dentures, you may be more confident when you talk, laugh, and eat in public. You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Dental implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue as pain and canker sores are common problems for patients with conventional dentures.
- Dental implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing dental implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- If you have conventional dentures, you may have difficulty with speaking clearly, as slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Dental implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with dental implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.